It seems that Cutco is always battling against other brands to prove how good they are. And, many times, Cutco wins! You will easily find the reasons behind those battles in Cutco knives reviews. They explain to you why they win when you read about the quality, manufacturing process, variety, and designs.
Thankfully, the more it battles, the more it improves its technology. In the end, customers get significant benefits. In this review, we will show you why Cutco always has the best chances to win due to the wide range of designs and high-quality it offers.
Are Cutco Knives Worthy?
The best way to find if Cutco knives are worthy is by checking their technical features and designs. You will have a chance to evaluate their designs by checking each one of its models below. And, these are some of the features that they all share and that make them worthy:
- Sharpness: Cutco knives are sharpened at a 30-degree angle (15 each side).
- Handle: the design is the same for all the knives, and they are all manufactured in the same thermo resin material. And they offer different colors.
- Place of Manufacture: they are made in the USA.
- Fabrication process: they are stamped knives. This tech consists of using a laser to cut the blades from a sheet of steel.
- Forever warranty: yes, it is true. Cutco offers forever warranty to repair or replace all its knives.
Top 10 Best Cutco Knives Reviews
1. CUTCO Model 1766 Santoku Knife
Cutco made an excellent addition to its battery of knives by including Santoku models. Although it is original from Japan, many brands also manufacture it. This measure is particularly popular among professional chefs. But domestic users also find it very comfortable to use. As always, Cutco added all its technology to create a star Santoku.
- Blade measure is 7.0 inches
- Handle measure is 5.6 inches
- Handle comes in brown color
- Material is Carbon stainless
- Straight edge blade
- Suitable for professional chefs or domestic use
- Dishwasher safe
- Cutco forever guarantee that offers
- It might be too thick for the finest slicing
- The sharpening is harder than other models due that it is too hard
Santoku models are always a good addition to the best cookers. And, if you the technology of Cutco, you are definitively obtaining a good deal. But consider this knife is strong and sturdy and might be a better purchase for chefs or those at home with some experience in their kitchen.
2. CUTCO Model 1721 Trimmer with White “Pearl”
This model is well known as a “utility” knife. And, it doesn´t disappoint us at all. It is just in the middle range of the blade size for these models, and it offers a serrated edge with sturdy materials. It makes it perfect for both chef and home cook. They can use it for simple cuts as fruits and veggies with extraordinary precision. And, also for fish, meat, hard cheese, and similar. The versatility is one of its main features. Thus, it is not strange to hear that many clients refer to it as a “where-have-you-been-all-my-life” knife.
- The Handle is white pearl color
- The Blade measures 4.9 inches
- The Handle measures 5.1. inches
- It has double D serrated edge
- It works great for cutting citrus
- The neutral color of the handle is perfect for any kitchen décor and other accessories
- It doesn´t include a sheath
It is definitively an extraordinary addition to any kitchen. Due to its comfortable size and ergonomic design, you can easily make it your favorite knife.
3. Four (4) Cutco Classic Black Table Steak Knives
Is there something better than a table knife from Cutco? Yes! Four of them! And, that is what you can get with this set. This is an ideal piece for cutting steaks and other meats but does a lot more than just cutting meat.
Due that it is well-balanced, lightweight, and has a size and design that fits perfectly in any hand, it is perfect for every kind of meats, citrus, bread, and more. That is because its features make it incredibly versatile.
- The handles have an ergonomic design in color black
- The handles are manufactured with highly engineered thermo-resin
- The total length measures 3-3/8 inches
- Double D-edge Blade
- The knives are really sharp
- The handles don´t fade, crack or absorb the material
- The set includes a tray without additional cost
- The handles might be too thin
If you love eating meat, this definitively an option to consider. These knives are sharp, long-lasting pieces that are worthy of considering. And, since you can use around in your kitchen for other issues, they would be a great addition to your battery of knives.
4. CUTCO Model 1722 Butcher Knife
This one of the heavy-duty models of Cutco that is made to last. Due to its signature design, it is possible to complete the cuts effortlessly. Also, it is hard enough to cut the most challenging pieces of meat and fruits. You enjoy the sturdiness of its materials and still manipulate it well to make perfect cuts.
- The Blade measures 5 ¾ inches
- It has a wide belly and clip point
- It fits both left or right hands
- Full tang with a blade that extends all the length of the handle
- It has a straight edge
- It allows thumb and forefinger lock into place
- It segments and trims large cuts of meat and large pieces of pineapple and melon.
- The forever guarantee covers full replacement of the knife without receipt asked
- It is ultra-sharp
- It can cut frozen meat and frozen chicken
- You can get free sharpening
- The guarantee only covers half of the replacement cost for misuse or abuse
For many people, a butcher knife might seem a little hard to manipulate because they are usually too heavy and too big. But Cutco solved that by keeping its main features but also adding the qualities that make it safe and easier to handle. Therefore, if you always wanted to have a heavy-duty knife and never dared to get it, it might be the perfect selection for you.
5. CUTCO Set of 4 Classic Brown Model 1759 Table Knives in Gift Box
If you want to offer these knives as a gift, you are probably aware of their high-quality! So, adding a beautiful box as part of the gift will only announce the great product that your beloved ones will receive. But if you are trying to decide and don´t know the product yet, then your choice will definitively be the right one.
- The total length of each knife is 8-3/8 inches
- Manufactured in 440A High-Carbon Stainless Steel
- Design of the Blade with a double-D edge
- It has a comfortable design and is lightweight
- It can cut the thickest chops
- It is suitable for all types of meal
- You can use them to cut meat, veggies, and salads, spread butter, and more
- The knives for this set are only available in black color
Knives are always a great gift. But adding the high-quality and edgy design of Cutco is a plus. Therefore, these are a great present for anyone.
6. CUTCO Model 3729 Santoku-Style Carver
Thanksgiving day and family dinners are not complete unless you have the perfect knife to cut and slice your turkey and other meats. And, this is the perfect knife for it. Besides, it can also slice bread and the rest of the food you have most professionally. For this model, Cutco took the best design and added its signature functionalities and material. The result is a state-of-the-art knife that allows you to enjoy the most delicious food with the best cut.
- 2 inches blade
- 5 inches handle
- It has triple rivet construction
- Nickel-silver alloy rivets
- Handles come in classic dark brown color
- It is perfect for slicing different types of food such as meat, bread, and others
- It might be too large for some people
Cutting meat and other types of food in reunions or dinner can be quite challenging. But this knife can make it easier. If you have many events like that, you should not hesitate to buy this knife as it will ease the process. As a result, you will enjoy your dinners and other events.
7. CUTCO Model 2166 White (Pearl) Santoku Knife
A smaller and more manageable version of the Santoku knife sounds like a dream come true. This knife offers all the resistance, durability, and sturdiness of the original and larger model but in this size. This makes a start for every Cutco Santoku knife review. It is perfect for small cuts without losing the quality and accuracy that they also need. Moreover, people of all hand measures can handle it easily.
- The handle measures 5.1 inches and comes in white color
- The Blade measures 5.6 inches
- It has a low tip that allows complicated cuts and boning
- The handle comes in white pearl color
- The wide Blade allows easy transfer of food
- It is good for dicing, slicing, and chopping small fruits and veggies
- The edge blade is ultra-sharp
- It is only available in white pearl color
If you always dreamed of having a Santoku knife but considered it too big for you, this is the perfect choice for you. Besides, its white pearl color makes it aesthetically pleasing.
8. CUTCO Table Knives Set of Four with Tray
These table knives are a perfect element for meals, either indoor or outdoor. You can even use them for the fanciest dinners. On the other hand, they are also rustic and informal. It seems that these knives have it all. And they do! This time, they include their own tray for perfect storage—the same high-quality of Cutco with a different presentation.
- Universal fit no matter if you are right or left-handed
- The design of the knives is fatigue-resistant
- Double D-edge design of the Blade
- The tray is dishwasher safe
- The knife is comfortable to hold
- They remain sharp for many years
- You can store the tray on the wall or in a drawer
- The handles are only black
Taking care of your knives is important to guarantee they last as much as they can. And, this tray offers you an excellent method to store them. So, if you need a space for them, this purchase is for you.
9. CUTCO 4720 Gourmet Paring Knife
A paring knife is a very popular acquisition for any home cook. And, Cutco added its one-of-a-kind technology that makes versatile and very easy to handle. It is lightweight, and its sharp edge can peel and remove outer layers of fruits and veggies quickly whenever you need it.
- The Blade is razor-sharp and straight edge
- The Blade goes all over the handle
- Universal fit that is suitable for small or big hands
- You can maintain it and sharpen it at home
- It has a fatigue-resistant design
- The handle can get scratched
A paring knife is always welcome. If you haven´t tried it, then it is time to acquire one of them and enjoy its features. You will have an ally at home for short tasks with fruits and veggies.
10. Model 1504 CUTCO Cheese Knife
A Cutco cheese knife review is always easy to make it. That is because Cutco nailed it with this knife. Besides being ultra-sharp, it also has a convenient design with holes that allows the cheese to fall apart when cutting it. It matches with many other Cutco knives materials. It all makes it very practical for daily use and special events.
- The rounded tip of the Blade for spreading soft cheese
- Comfort grip handle that is also soft to make it pleasant to the touch
- The material of the handle is polypropylene
- 5 inches blade
- Made of 440A High Carbon
- It cuts perfectly well either hard or soft cheese
- It has a micro-serrated edge
- It is not as versatile as other Cutco´s models
Despite cheese knives have a very specific and little function, they need to be really sharp and functional. And Cutco found the way to put together those two features. It makes extraordinary and useful. It is definitively one of the best purchases you can make.
Cutco Knives Buying Guide
Cutco knives have many features n common. Hence, you can easily focus on what you want and need according to your own needs. Check below the basic facts you should check before making your decision.
Each Cutco knife has a design to fit a specific function. Therefore, you should verify what you buy your knife before making your decision. Many models are multipurpose and can handle different tasks. But they never do it all. So, the best strategy is to figure out what you want from your knife in advance.
Most of the time, the size of the knife is related to its function. But sometimes they have different sizes for the same type of knife. For instance, that is the case for the Santoku model. Firstly, you need to check what you feel comfortable for your own size of hands. Secondly, you need to check what you need to make the right cuts.
Although the design of handles of Cutco knives is similar for every model, sometimes the material and sturdiness may vary. Usually, the material for table knives is lighter than kitchen knives. You can also find other differences in other models. Also, Cutco manufactures many models in 4 different colors, black, brown, red, and white pearl.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Q – Are Cutco knives expensive?
A – The range of prices for Cutco knives is similar to its competitors.
Q – Can you sharpen Cutco knives yourself?
A– You can do it only with straight-edge knives. When they have a Double-D edge, they always need to be sharpened at the factory. (Source)
Q – Is Cutco knives a pyramid scheme?
A – No, it is not a pyramid scheme because the sales representatives don´t need to recruit other sellers. They always earn direct commissions for their sales.
Q – Does Cutco sharpen knives for free?
A – Yes, Cutco sharpens your knives for free by sending them to the factory in New York. You only need to pay the return shipping fee that starts at $US9 depending of the number of knives you mail.